This week, Ryan talks with Josh Roby about designing games that support & address epic-scale play — that is, games that have a grand, dramatic scope as a main part of their premise. The interview ran long, as they covered three points they felt were core by contrasting Josh’s new game in playtest, Agora: how shall we live?, with Ryan’s current project, Mythender. In this half, they talk about the scope & pacing of the game, and how their two very different games support their own sense of “epic” with those tools. Afterward, Ryan talks about Daniel Solis’s cover creation videos and War Pig Radio.
- Kallisti Press
- Agora: how shall we live?
- Thread on Story-Games about Agora
- Sons of Liberty
- Full Light, Full Steam
- Josh’s previous Master Plan appearance, #17 on Playtesting
- Daniel Solis on A Cover is a Promise (Part 1, 1A, 2)
- Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple
- Liz Hooper
- War Pig Radio
- Atomic Array
- RPG Countdown
This episode is sponsored by RPGNow.com.
Running time: 23:44 / File size: 16.4M