Ryan comes back from an impromptu hiatus to talk about what he got out of Game Chef and why he thinks others should do such contests. Then he interviews two Game Design Duelists, Adam Rappold and Justin D. Jacobson, about why they decided to duel, how badly the other person will lose, and their response to using musical scale as a mechanic ingredient. Afterwards, he talks about other podcasts talking about game design, theory & publishing.
Game Design Duel:
- Justin throws down the challenge!
- Graham reveals the duel’s ingredients.
- Adam’s notes on his game, “Sweet, Sad, Song”
- Justin’s notes on his game, “MacGuffin”
- http://www.story-games.com/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=3175″>The final games and voting!
Other Podcasts Mentioned:
- 2d6 Feet in a Random Direction
- The Butcher Block
- Gamer: The Podcasting
- Have Games, Will Travel
- Sons of Kryos
Running time: 32 minutes, 00 seconds / File size: 21.9 MB